SO MUCH CHEAPER THAN BUYING 9 BAGS OF JERKY AT THE GAS STATION! I usually have all of this lying around my fridge/freezer. The only things you really need are TIME and a dehydrator. I have done jerky in my oven before... I can tell you from experience that the dehydrator is: easier to load, more consistent in temperature, and most importantly easier to clean. IT ALWAYS TASTES BETTER!
Cook Time: 5-8 hours Total Time: Lots, but WORTH IT
Makes about 1/2 lb of Jerky
- 2 lbs of Sirloin steak SLIGHTLY frozen ( I usually use old shit that has been sitting around in my freezer that I forgot about.)
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce ( I LOVE golden swan)
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp give or take of black pepper
- 2 tbsp of hot pepper sauce
- 3 tbsp of liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp of garlic salt
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
2. Combine all the other ingredients into a gallon bag.
3. Add the meat yo! Leave it in the fridge at LEAST overnight.
4. Throw the strips in your dehydrator for 5-8 hours at 160 degrees. (Fahrenheit, AMERICA!!!) You want the meat to be at the perfect point where it will bend but not break. In this case I left them in for approximately 6 hours.
5. O-MY-G. Eat it. But not all in one sitting. You might get indigestion. I wouldn't know from experience .... maybe...